Monday, June 1, 2015

Day 2: Breakfast: Stawberry spinach smoothie

Waking up to my second day as a vegan I felt really good and excited about today's food. I have written down a few meals I want to try this week and I'm creating a food schedule as I go along. Today's breakfast was going to be a smoothie - yum!


The smoothie was enough to fill a 500 ml glass, so it filled me up pretty well. But what is in this healthy vegan smoothie? you might ask. Well, first of all, I used 1 pretty large banana. Then I added some homemade almond milk (might make another post about that), a handfull of frozen strawberries, a pinch of lemon juice - of course newly pressed from a lemon - and spinach leaves! 


I had never tried spinach leaves in a smoothie before - it does sound quite disgusting. It's not! You can't really taste them at all, and they're packed with vitamins and minerals. In other words; they are super healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment